Back pain is extremely common and will affect most people at some point in their lives.
It is estimated that 70-90% of Australians will suffer lower back pain in some form at some point in their lives. Back problems are considered the third leading cause of disease burden in Australia behind only cancer and CVD.
Due to the complex anatomy of the human spine, back pain can originate from a variety of structures, these include:
- Ligaments / Tendons
- Bone Joints
- Spinal Cord Compression
When it comes to diagnosis and treatment for your back pain we are the experts!
As Physiotherapists back pain is the most common ailment we see and we can call on a variety of treatment techniques to work on your acute symptoms, these include:
- Dry Needling
- Muscle Release
- Stretches / Exercise Prescription
- Postural Correction
- Fascial Mobility
However the most effective treatment of back pain is prevention.
Identifying the causal factors and addressing these prior to a flare up or spasm can eliminate the condition before it affects you.
- Have you suffered from a bout of back or neck pain in the past year?
- Have you suffered any form of injury or surgery to your back or neck in the past?
- Have you been diagnosed with any form of spinal alignment abnormality, eg. Scoliosis?
- Do you work at a desk and struggle to control your posture?
- Do you suffer from leg or foot pain/tingling/weakness or pins and needles?
- Do you have trouble squatting down or carrying shopping bags?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above you may be at risk of back pain. Please come in for an assessment and we will produce an easy to follow plan or some simple lifestyle modifications to prevent back pain from negatively affecting your life.